Purpose & Value of a Funeral
The staff of MacLean Funeral Home Swan Chapel is pleased to offer professional services suited to your needs and wishes.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your needs and explore the options available to you.
Purpose and Value of a Funeral
A funeral provides the surviving family members and friends a caring, supportive environment in which to share their thoughts, feelings, and experiences. The funeral provides a healing experience on your journey through grief.
Benefits of a funeral include:
- A social support system for the bereaved
- Provides people with an understanding of the finality of death and process of life
- It helps the bereaved transition to their new definition of life after the death of their loved one
- Provides a safe and supportive environment for expressing their grief
- It reaffirms their relationship with the person that has died.
- It provides the opportunity to say goodbye
The funeral service meets four basic needs:
- Emotional: It allows you to acknowledge your emotions, receive support from friends and family, share memories of your loved one and acknowledge the shared grief.
- Physical: the disposition of the deceased, by way of burial or cremation
- Social: A funeral is a social and historical event that acknowledges the life that has been lived
- Spiritual: A funeral provides us with the realization that material items do not matter, compared to the precious gift of life. It gives expression to the love felt for the deceased.